Germany is a country located in Central Europe with a population of 82 million of which 88% are native Germans and the remaining 12% are made of immigrants, mostly coming from Turkey. After the United States of America and Russia, it is home to the most number of international migrants. Its central location geographically enabled Germany since early times to play a dominant role first in continental Europe’s political and economic affairs and then later, on the world stage as well. Germany as a nation is characterized by a strict code of personal discipline among its citizens, almost similar to that of Japan’s. The Japanese people exercise discipline by adhering to consensus necessary to survival in a densely populated country while Germans do so more out of a strong sense of patriotism. Both peoples do so for reasons of maintaining societal order.
There are a lot of interesting sites to visit in Germany due to its long history. It is also a recognized leader in the educational, scientific and technological fields. Its world-famous universities produced a long list of well-known philosophers and also sparked the Reformation of the Protestants which rebelled against the abuses of the Catholic Church or to be more specific, against the Papacy back then. Old castles still remain which symbolized the early Germanic tribes. Germany has a long and a very convoluted history which culminated in the concept of an Aryan race espoused by Hitler and eventually led to the Jewish Holocaust. The best steel in the world is produced by the German conglomerate Krupp and a first in automotive ingenuity is the air-cooled Volkswagen.
Modern Germany has a very high standard of living protected by a comprehensive social security network supported by high taxation rates. Its Gini co-efficient is very low which means there is no wide disparity between the rich and the poor citizens. Its strong economy is a factor in world trade with Germany the world’s largest exporter last 2007. Its GDP (nominal) makes it the third richest country and if GDP-PPP (a measure used by U.N. economists which means purchasing power parity) makes it the fifth richest. It is likewise a major military and economic global player with memberships in NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) and also of the G8 and G4 powerhouse blocs.
Leave a Reply
budget flight - Whether for business or leisure, you can take advantage of budget flight deals by visiting iFly now.
best South Africa holidays - Those who are searching for information about best South Africa holidays can check out the website on the link.